Amazon is the largest worldwide website with a wide range of products for people of all shapes and sizes. You can order clothing items to kitchen appliances, all of which will be provided for you in some of the best quality available. However, Amazon has a very large database, it sustains cache from millions of people which makes it difficult for people to be able to access their archived orders easily.
This article will help you with finding archived orders on Amazon and show you the quickest method you can use.
What are Archived Orders?
Before we move on any further, we first have to understand what archived orders really are and how they play into the customer service section of Amazon. Archived orders are those, which you want to remove from your list of orders to the archive.
It could be for whatever reasons that you no longer want to see the orders, but you are allowed to move them to archive easily. However, this will not happen automatically, and you will have to do it manually. It is not automatic to ensure the authenticity of the website and to make sure that all of your records are in place.
There are many reasons as to why you might want to remove a certain order from the records, it could be embarrassing or private and you may share your account with someone else. It might be a gift for a loved one and you might not want them to see it. You might want it to be a surprise.
This is also perfect for people who are running a business and want to stay as updated as possible. They can just remove the orders and keep their inventory clear and easy to access.
If any of the above reasons apply to your situation, you may simply get rid of the order from your list and move further. If you are doing it for the purpose of secrecy, you may even delete them from the history of your account for maximum privacy. However, archiving is not the same as deleting.
Furthermore, deleting is permanent removal and you may not be able to have access to the information once it is deleted. However, where archiving is concerned, it is just temporary removal from a visible and prominent location to a less visible one.
It is also comparatively versatile because you can move the orders back to the main list when you feel comfortable. As mentioned before, it is not permanent deletion. However, the process of finding archived orders on Amazon can be a little tricky especially for a layman.
This article will also guide you in terms of the process that you should follow if you want to retrieve your archived orders.
How to Archive Orders?
There are steps you can take to archive your orders from your standard order list.
- First, you log into your Amazon account.
- Here you will find “returns and orders” option on the top, right-hand corner.
- This will lead you to your order list and you can scroll till you find the desired order.
- You can click on the “order details” for said order.
- You can click “archive order” due to which a pop-up will appear; you can confirm the archiving of the order.
This is an effective way of temporarily hiding your orders from anyone else.
The Steps to Take to Find Archived Orders
There are steps that you can take in order to find your archived orders.
- First and foremost, you have to log into your Amazon account. This will make the list of order made from the account visible to you on the page.
- Next you, hover over the accounts and list option from the drop-down menu. This will be present in the top, right corner for the homepage.
- Then, you select your account from the drop-down menu; by simply clicking it.
- The option of ordering and shopping preferences will show up and you can click on the archived orders from this list.
- In the lower left-hand corner or a certain order, you will have the option of unarchiving your order and bringing it back to the list of standard orders.
- This is the quickest way of retrieving and accessing your archived orders if you have not deleted them from your order list.
- The order will go back to its original place and there will be no complications involved. As you can see there isn’t much to it.
Hiding Your Amazon Search History
Hiding your Amazon search history is slightly separate grounds than simply archiving your search history or orders from your order list. Archiving search history is also used for the same purpose as archiving your orders. You might want to retain your privacy or maybe you’re planning a surprise and you want to maintain its secrecy.
There are certain steps that you can follow to hide your search history on Amazon.
- First you shall log into your account.
- Then, there will be a link on the top, right of the Amazon homepage named as browser history. Click it and it will take you to your entire browser history. If you are looking for a certain phrase or a specific page, press Ctrl+F and it will show you all the relevant searches from your browser history.
- Click ‘manage history’ from the right corner and you can remove each and every item.
- There is also the option of removing all history, but you might not want to get rid of all your data. In that case, this option is perfect for you.
Also, know that deleting all history can raise suspicion if you share an account. However, this is the ultimate way to protect all your data.
Finding archived orders on Amazon is not tricky at all. It is a simple process for someone who is familiar with browsing. You have to keep in mind that archiving is not a permanent solution; you should delete your data if you want to get rid of it, once and for all.